Licenses & Certifications
Company permits and licenses
BMF Port Burgas AD was established by Navigation Maritime Bulgare JSC, Varna, on 23.06.2011. The company is registered in the Commercial Register at the Registry Agency since 29.06.2011 under Uniform Identification Code 201618489. Тhe company holds the following permits as a port operator required by Bulgarian law:
- Certificate of registration of port operator;
- Certificate of registration of port terminal Burgas East-2;
- Certificate of registration of port terminal Burgas West;
- Certificate of operational suitability of port terminal Burgas East-2;
- Certificate of operational suitability of port terminal Burgas West.
The port terminals managed by BMF Port Burgas AD are equipped with certified scales which are connected with the customs administration due to control it conducts.
Approved Economic Operator
As of January 27, 2018, BMF Port Burgas has the status of Approved Economic Operator (AEO) and has a combined Certificate of simplified Customs Clearance / Safety and Security/ /AEOF/ .
This status and certificate is provided by the Customs Agency after a thorough audit of the activities of BMF Port Burgas and after covering the high requirements of the customs authorities. The AEOF is the highest level of the certificate. This status is recognized throughout the European Union. Its ownership means increased reliability and security of our supply chain services.
The main advantages that the AEO Certificate provides are:
- Reduced physical and documentary control;
- Priority processing of shipments in the Customs Agency system;
- Better cooperation with the customs authorities;
Management System Certification
BMF Port Burgas has implemented, maintains and constantly improves an integrated management system that meets the applicable requirements of the following European standards:
- ISO 9001 “Quality Management System” ;
- ISO 14001 “Environmental Management System” ;
- ISO 45001 “Occupational Health and Safety Management System”;
- ISO/IEC 27001: “Information Security Management System“;
- ISO 50001: “Energy Management System“.
BMF Port Burgas performs systematic inspections of the integrated management system at planned time intervals to assess the efficiency and compliance with the requirements of the standards.
The company is certified by Bureau Veritas Certification.
Certificate of Outstanding Contribution and Merit to the WCO
The World Customs Organization, in which 183 countries from all over the world are members, awarded BMF Port Burgas with a Certificate of Outstanding Contribution and Merit to the International Customs Community.
The certificate was handed over on January 26st 2021 by the management of the Customs Agency – South Maritime Territorial Directorate, for dedication and special contribution to the chosen theme of the year – Customs bolstering Recovery, renewal and Resilience for a sustainable supply chain”. BMF Port Burgas is the only representative of the private sector that received this recognition for 2020.